Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Exhibit: Renwick Gallery

The Renwick Gallery
"Wonder"

Jennifer Angus "In the Midnight Garden"
Chakaia Booker "ANONYMOUS DONOR"
Gabriel Dawe "Plexus A1"
Tara Donovan "Untitled"
Patrick Dougherty "Shindig"
Janet Echelman "1.8"
John Grade "Middle Fork"
Maya Lin "Folding the Chesapeake"
Leo Villareal "Volume"

I enjoyed seeing massive installations that overtook the room and the people in it, because I don't get to see it often. I enjoyed seeing the work that went into making things such as, Shindig and Middle Fork, carving or bending wood as they did, and that large, takes time. I was most excited to see In the Midnight Garden because I thought it entertaining to use real bugs to create a detailed pattern on the walls, and to even use the blood to make the pink wall color. The trip itself could have been more enjoyable if it were not for the line we had to follow. If I had to choose my favorite and my least, it would respectively be Shindig and Folding the Chesapeake. Shindig I enjoyed because I could go and interact with the piece, and go inside of them, while Chesapeake and me left for needing more of the exhibit, it didn't catch my awe as the others in the exhibit had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment