Monday, October 26, 2015

Bertrand Flachot

His Website

Bertrand is a photographer and enlarging his images to draw over in various materials. It has been described that his work is to create the second attempt of the scene, what it was and what it is now, overlapping his line work over the previous image.

I like Bertrand's art, that he has various line weights and seems to have a sense of control in his drawing, not some random squiggling.
I find my favorite scenes of his is when the landscape imagery tend to disappear into the white walls, that he is able to create a natural transition. I also find it interesting that many other images are on a black background and draws with various colors.

If I were to take something from Bertrand it would be his line weight in his drawings, in many of my sketches, I tend to scribble out my composition, and I think it would be interesting to have layers of an image, from my scribbles to a final composition.
Fil Conducteur (Thread)
Constellation #5 Phase 1
Ligne de Flottaison(Just above the Waterline)

No comments:

Post a Comment