Monday, October 19, 2015

Quote Response

KIKI SMITH
“I think making things beautiful is important. But often what’s first considered ugly is beautiful, too.”

I really like this quote because I like looking at old objects and old buildings, things left for time, and for nature to overtake. I do not really find much unappealing, and I do find it important to find beautiful things in the not so, because I see it reflect in how people perceive situations, that it would be finding a silver lining in despair. 

This came about for me when my favorite book/cartoon series W.I.T.C.H, by adjfk, had a main character that was an artist, Hay Lin and in an episode called Xanadu, meaning idyllic, exotic, luxurious, place of contentment, she created a dystopian image, and her xanadu came from a glowing god-like imagery of hope will come.

I have a desire to make odd and old things look more beautiful, to an average person.

No comments:

Post a Comment