Thursday, May 12, 2016

Transfer

Transfer was one of my favorites in that I found a new way to make my images, that I can print it out and use xerox ink on the paper. But the let down in this process is using the concentrate of winter green, a very strong, burning, christmas smell. Applying winter green to the xerox, you could either print through the press or use an object like a spoon or door knob to create a sense of mark making. The winter green is dangerous and should be used with caution near your skin, and on plexi, as it burns the surface and make it foggy.
A secondary transfer that I did not do personally was to use magazine clay paper and mod podge. You would apply the mod podge on to the surface of the image you want, apply that down on to the paper and wait to dry. When dry we can use water to rub off the clay paper, and ink should remain on the paper. The dangers of this may be damage to the paper or the paper won't always come off.

No comments:

Post a Comment